1. What were the aims of the League of Nations?
2. Describe two successes of the League of Nations in the 1920s.
3. What were the successes of the League in the 1920s?
4. Describe the structure of the League.
5. What was the role of : a) The Assembly b) The Council
6. Describe the role and work of two of the League’s agencies.
7. Describe how the League of Nations tried to improve living and working conditions around the world.
8. Describe how the League of Nations tried to prevent future wars between nations?
9. Describe the deficiencies of Britain and France as leaders of the League of Nations.
10. What were the main weaknesses in the structure and organisation of the League of Nations?
11. What was the Covenant?
12. What was ‘collective security’?
13. What was the Conference of Ambassadors?
14. Describe the Vilna crisis.
15. Describe the Corfu incident (1923).
16. What was the Geneva Protocol?
17. What were the Locarno Treaties(1925)? What was the Locarno Pact(1925)?
18. What was the Mukden incident?
19. Describe the Manchurian Crisis.
20. What was the Lytton Report?
21. Describe the Disarmament Conference(1932-1933).
22. What was the Hoare-Laval Pact?
1. Why did Woodrow Wilson want a ‘league of nations’?
2. Why did its structure and membership weaken the League?
3. Why was the League dominated by Britain and France?
4. Why did some countries regard the League with suspicion?/ Why did some countries view the setting up the League of Nations with suspicion?
5. Why did the USA decide not to become a member of the League?
6. Why did the USA’s failure to become a member create problems for the League?
7. Why was the League able to achieve some successes in dealing with international disputes in the 1920s?
8. Why was the League unable to achieve its main aims?
9. Why did the Depression make the work of the League more difficult?
10. Why did Japan invade Manchuria in 1931?
11. Why did the League fail to deal with Japanese aggression against Manchuria?
12. Why did the League fail to solve the Manchurian crisis?
13. Why did the Disarmament Conference(1932-1933) fail?
14. Why did Italy/Mussolini invade Abyssinia?
15. Why was the Hoare-Laval Pact important?
16. Why did the League fail to solve the Abyssinian crisis?
17. Why was the conquest of Abyssinia not prevented by the League of Nations?
1. How successful was the League of Nations in dealing with disputes during the 1920s?Explain your answer.
2. How successful was the League of Nations in the 1920s?
3. How far was the League of Nations a failure? Explain your answer.
4. How far was the League of Nations a success? Explain your answer.
5. ‘It was the Abyssinian crisis that destroyed the League of Nations as an effective peacekeeping body’. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
6.Which was the most important cause of the failure of the League of Nations – the World Depression of the 1930s or the invasion of Abyssinia? Explain your answer.
7. ‘It was the Hoare-Laval Plan rather than the World Depression that destroyed the League. How far do you agree?
8. How far was the Disarmament Conference (1932-1933) responsible for the collapse of the League?
9. How far were the League’s structural weaknesses responsible for its failure?
10. How far was the absence of the USA responsible for the failure of the League?
The League of Nations was doomed from the start.
The USA was responsible for the collapse of the League.
The Depression destroyed the League of Nations.